Imagine the unmistakable sound of a roulette ball whirling around the wheel, the subtle chatter of fellow players placing their bets, and the warm, inviting presence of a croupier poised to set the wheel in motion. This immersive tableau is no longer confined to the velvet-draped corners of a bustling casino floor.
If you crave the thrill of a land-based casino but cannot be bothered going out, consider live online roulette at PlayUK, where you can enjoy a great selection of live roulette games supplied by two live casino software giants, NetEnt and Evolution Gaming.
The Benefits of Live Roulette
- All games take place in real-time and are hosted by a real live human dealer, so you are guaranteed to get the human touch during every game you play.
- Live roulette brings all the excitement and drama of all the casino action right to the comfort of your home.
- As live roulette is online, you can join in with a game or two no matter what time of day or wherever you happen to be (as long as you have an internet connection).
- It is convenient and highly entertaining to play and well worth setting aside some of your bankroll to try.
How to Play Live Roulette
- Firstly, you need to register and log in with an online casino like PlayUK, then make your first deposit and claim your welcome bonus before navigating to the live roulette section.
- If you have played roulette at a land-based casino, then live roulette should be easy to understand.
- Your screen will show two distinct betting sections, one for the inside and the other for the outside bets.
- At the top of the table is the roulette wheel and the dealer (sometimes called the croupier), whose job is to spin the wheel, drop the ball and finally call the winning bet.
- The dealer usually uses a physical table and places your bets using real chips whilst spinning the wheel. However, some live roulette games use a computer-generated table where only the dealer and wheel are present.
Commonly, there are two types of live roulette wheels offered online:
- American Roulette – The American roulette wheel has 38 pockets and has two zero pockets, the single zero (0) and the double zero (00). The house edge in a game of American roulette is 5.26%
- European Roulette – The European roulette wheels have 37 pockets and a single zero (0) pocket. The house edge in a game of European roulette is 2.7%.
How to Make a Bet in Live Online Roulette Games
Placing a bet on the live roulette table of your choice is easy:
- Choose the amount you want to bet, making sure that it is higher than the minimum bet allowed for that table, and click on it
- Once you have done this, the live dealer will acknowledge your bet and will place physical chips on a table
- Once all bets are placed, the dealer will spin the wheel, and your anticipation will increase as the wheel slows and finally stops.
- The dealer then calls out the winning number, and if you are lucky, you’ll receive a payout equal to the odds for that bet.
- If you are unlucky that time, your chips are taken, and your bankroll will show a loss.
The Final Say
As you would expect, live online roulette games create an immersive experience, especially because games take place in real time, and you can chat with the dealer and other players at the appropriate times.
Once you have familiarised yourself with the different roulette bets to make and have some knowledge of roulette etiquette, playing liver dealer online roulette can provide tons of casino action from whichever platform you choose.
Remember that good bankroll management is also essential when playing any online casino games because games are so immersive it can be easy for time to slip by. You must know when to walk away or take a break from the roulette table and never chase any losses